Let me guess…most of us don’t have a team of roadies?? Let alone fellow band members that are willing to show a little sympathy and help us drag a cumbersome 4×12 in to the studio or a venue, you’ll never get sympathy from a drummer, it’s just not in their DNA. So before we all end up in traction, Mesa Boogie have come to our rescue with the CABCLONE, a passive and fully comprehensive guitar cab simulator and headphone driver.
This ingenious, affordable and portable piece of kit features three cabinet simulations, open back, closed back and vintage closed back, to combine with your preferred head in a variety of situations, home, live or late night recording sessions are all possible. The CABCLONE is also a compensated headphone driver that delivers a clear and true sounding version of your amps tone. It’s also a direct recording interface which is immensely practical for studio use; it allows you to get the best tone, realistic amp response and warmth without using a mic and cabinet. With the ability to create and compose well in to the night while the rest of the world sleeps, without getting yourself evicted opens up a world of creativity for guitarist with homes studios, while maintaining professional studio quality.
In a live situation the CABCLONE allows you to control your monitor mix or in ear monitors on stage whilst giving you there control over what the audience hears. The cab simulation is even throughout the CABCLONE whether you’re using the headphone or the balanced XLR D.I output.
The CABCLONE comes in three different impedance versions 4 ohms, 8 ohms and 16 ohms which allows you to properly match the right unit with your amp. These are expected to land on our shores mid August 2014, at a retail of £219.
- Designed and Handcrafted in Petaluma, California, USA
- Passive Design – No Power Supply Required
- Built-In Internal Amp Load FOR AMPS RATED 100 WATTS OR LESS (auto-activates when no cable is connected to “Thru” Output)
- 1/4″ “Input” Jack (receives signal from amp’s speaker output)
- 1/4″ “Thru” Output Jack (defeats to Internal Load when no cable is connected)
- 3-Position Cabinet Voicing Switch – Open-Back, Closed-Back & Vintage Closed-Back Cabinet Simulations
- Variable -30 to +4db DI Output Level Control with presets for Dynamic Mic Level (-30db), Instrument Level (-10db) & Line Level (+4db)
- Balanced XLR Direct Output (controlled by the Variable DI Output Level Control)
- Independent Balanced, 1/4″ +4 Line Level Output Jack
- Compensated Headphone Output Jack (defeats balanced outputs when used)
- Phase Switch – Normal (In) or Reverse (180°)
- Ground Lift Switch
Removable Tilt-Back Stand (for use over an amp handle)