A few weeks ago we posted a brief blog about the wonderful Ralph McTell visiting our Denmark Street showroom for a very special reason. That very special reason was so he could choose (from four examples) a fantastic Custom Martin Signature Guitar built to his specifications and bearing his name!
Since then, Ralph has written a great blog on his website about the process that led to him getting his RM5O Martin Guitar.
What we can say is that the guitars that Ralph played all sounded amazing and the example we have (number 5) is a stunner too!
This is the full spec..
- Dovetail Neck Join
- Solid Adirondack Spruce top
- Solid Genuine Mahogany back and sides
- Low Profile neck shape
- East Indian Rosewood headplate
- East Indian Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
- Single ring rosette
- Golden aged relic Nickel tuners with plastic Buttons
- Adirondack ¼” standard scalloped ‘X’ bracing
- 24.9 Scale Length
- 1-11/16” nut width
- Authentic style faux Tortoise shell pickguard.